Sunday, October 15, 2006

Beijing - Everybody is Kung Fu fighting...

Nee How - Beijing is great...I ate so much Peking duck last night I had to waddle home! Really have been enjoying Beijing though...if you like the movie BladeRunner, you'll love Beijing - wait until nightfall, wait until its raining then wander the back alleys imagining you're Harrison Ford and everyone else is cybernetically modified. I know, i know, I need to get out more.

They are gearing up massively for the Olympics in 2008 and are really keen to be perceived as a friendly, progressive nation - funny how something like getting the olympics can change the psyche of a nation. Population of 1 billion people though, unbelieveable, though I just read that today the population of the US will hit 300 million. We hiked 12 km of the 6000km Great wall yesterday - a million people died building it 200 years BC, and it really does defy description. Shame after all that effort that Genghis Khan just bribed the sentries to get through!

India next, can't wait. Looks like it will be the easiest to travel through in terms of language, as so many people speak English. Loving the travel, bring on the curries and hope you are all SUPER. Harrison.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Green said...

I think US is 300 million. Wouldn't surprise me if they want to throw in another zero here or there though. Loving the updates guys. So jealous. Keep well!

(An origami unicorn was supposed to be paste here to keep with the Bladerunner theme. Wouldn't let me though)

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home